- Double-click on the DLL or OCX file to open it.
- A dialog will appear asking you to choose the Program which to open the
- Click on the "Other" (on some Operating Systems this may be called
- Now a dialog will appear asking you to locate the program you want to open
the file with.
- Find and choose the file C:\Windows\System32\RegSvr32.exe. Note: "C:\Windows"
is a common path to the Windows system files. This may be different depending
on your OS version and root drive letter.
- You will now be back to the "Open With" dialog as shown in step
2. You should see the "Microsoft Register Server" or something similar
is selected. Click on the "Ok" button.
Now a dialog should appear giving the registration status.
If successful, the process is complete.